So you have decided to get a personal website for yourself and you want to learn how to structure your personal branding website.
If you are still having doubts about why you need a website for your personal branding, click here and read the article before proceeding further.
Your website structure is the backbone and foundation for your personal branding.
Things to consider while structuring your personal branding website
Plan Before You Do
Before starting construction for any building or skyscraper, the architect prepares a building plan, which tells the entire building structure.
Similarly, before developing your website, you need to plan the site structure first.
First, you need to identify answers to the below questions.
Who you are & What your Brand represents?
It would help if you narrated your story to the audience and how you want to be perceived by your audience.
Always use an elevator pitch, and you don’t need to include everything about you like a life story.
My elevator pitch below for your reference
“Hi, I’m Hari Kumaran, married to a superwoman, started my career as a Courier Boy turned Support Executive turned Product guy. I’m now a Tech-Marketing Entrepreneur with Digital Automation expertise, have worked with 200+ clients and generated over 20 thousand leads.
My Vision is to help 100,000 Professionals & Entrepreneurs create an eco-system around their brand to increase their revenue, making them profitable & scalable.”
Even if you read my about page, you will be able to find the essential stages of my life, which are relevant to my profile, not my entire life story.
What is your brand message to your audience?
Be clear about your message to your audience, and you cannot keep changing it.
You might have an interest in many topics, but when you are building a brand for your self, you need to derive what your brand stands for and what topic your brand represents.
Everything on your website should be related to your primary topic.
In my case, branding is the primary topic, digital marketing, product, and business are secondary topics. If you notice, all my contents are revolving around these topics only.
What is your sales pitch, service or product?
The ultimate aim of any brand is to create awareness or sell the product.
As a personal brand, what you are going to sell is very important.
- Are you building a community?
- Are you going to sell your own products?
- Are you going to sell other’s products (Affiliate)?
- Are you going to sell your time as a consultant or service provider?
By answer these questions, you will be able to derive what you are going to sell.
Before selling, you need to identify the problem you are going to solve and who your ideal customer is.
Watch this video if you like to learn how to evaluate your idea and find your ideal customer (Link to come).
These questions are the contextual foundation of your website.
Now let’s look at the basic elements needed for your website structure.
- Menu (Keep it minimal and essential only)
- Slider (In the Home Page to Showcase your message)
- About Page
- Service/Products Page
- Testimonial Page (Social proof always helps in conversion, include in Home page too)
- Blog Page (Writing new content and keeping you site updated is very important)
- Footer with Social Link, Contact Form
- Disclaimer Page (if any third-party tool used for tracking or serving ads)
- Contact Page (Way to contact you via the contact form and social links)
- Subscription Widget (Lead Generation)
- Social Share (Option to share content)
- Social Links (Option to follow your social profile)
- Chatbot or messenger integration (Lead Generation)
Now you have learned the contextual structure and important elements to be considered while building your personal brand website. If you are interested in building your own brand, I have a step by step video course, where I teach how to build a personal brand for yourself. Click here to know more details about the course and join my inner circle.
Do let me know your thought and views on this article on the comment below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at harikumaran.chat.